The Lifeline assistance program offered by PrimeLink is a federal and New York State supported discount that provides eligible households with a monthly credit of $9.25 on telephone or broadband service. Primelink offers Lifeline on all of its voice packages and broadband packages (with speeds of 20/3 Mbps or greater), including bundles. Exceptions may apply, please contact PrimeLink at 518-324-5465 and choose option 2 for details.
You are eligible for Federal Lifeline Service if your total household income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines; or if you, your dependent, or your household participates in one of the following:
Applicants must provide proof that they meet the income guidelines or receive one of the above listed benefits.
Individuals that do not meet the Federal Lifeline Service guidelines may still be eligible for the New York State Lifeline Program if they receive any of the following: Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP), Free School Lunch Program, or Family or Safety Net Assistance. If you have questions about your eligibility, please contact our Customer Service Department at 518-324-5465 and choose option 2.
Lifeline is only available on one wire line or one wireless telephone or broadband service per household. Customers may not transfer their Lifeline benefits to another person, even if the other person is eligible. Each year, Lifeline customers must certify that they are still eligible for the discount. Customers who willfully make false statements in order to obtain the benefits are subject to fine or imprisonment or may be barred from the program.
There are three ways to apply:
1. Online through the National Verifier web portal https://nationalverifier.servicenowservices.com/lifeline. They can also sign on here to recertify.
2. You can also apply by mailing your application: Print an application in English or Spanish at https://www.lifelinesupport.org/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/documents/LI_Application_NVstates.pdf . Complete the application and send with proof of eligibility to:
Lifeline Support Center
P.O. Box 7081
London, KY 40742
3. Apply by calling PrimeLink at 518-324-5465 and choosing option 1 for customer service.
Subscribers can call the Lifeline support center at (800) 234-9473 (press 1 for English or 2 for Spanish) or by emailing LifelineSupport@usac.org for assistance.
Lifeline subscribers will be sent an initial notification approximately 90 days before the subscriber’s Anniversary Date to notify them it is time for recertification. Then the National Verifier performs an automatic recertification process to recertify subscribers. For subscribers that pass the automatic recertification process, no further action is necessary.
If a subscriber fails the automatic recertification they will be required to self-certify. USAC will reach out to those subscribers who must self-certify with a notification letter and FCC Form 5630 Annual Recertification Form. Subscribers who fail the self-certification will be notified by USAC through the mail within 2 -3 business days after the 60 day window closes and automatically de-enrolled after 5 business days. Also, during the recertification process subscribers may receive up to three (3) robo-calls and a reminder postcard from USAC reminding them it is time to recertify their Lifeline benefit, their deadline to recertify and the methods that can be used to recertify.
Subscribers will be able to self-certify through one of three methods:
1. Mailing a paper recertification form, instructions and the address are included in the notification letter. A mailed notification will be sent shortly after a successful recertification attempt.
2. Through the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) which takes approximately 10 minutes to complete and subscriber will find out immediately whether they pass or fail. They will need their Application ID (provided on the recertification letter when accessing the IVR.
3. Online through the National Verifier web portal https://nationalverifier.servicenowservices.com/lifeline. Instructions are provided in the notification letter the subscriber receives and the subscriber finds out immediately if they pass or fail.
For questions or a status of their recertification, subscribers can call the Lifeline support center at (800) 234-9473 (press 1 for English or 2 for Spanish) or by emailing LifelineSupport@usac.org.
We installed PrimeLink in our Glens Falls Business Journal office. Service has been excellent! Now our uploads and downloads are much, much faster!
Harry Weinhagen, Publisher, Glens Falls Business Journal
Glens Falls, NY